Honoring those who have made meaningful contributions to help Veterans succeed.2021 Event Was Held In Person On November 9th
Our annual awards celebrate
Veterans In Business
2020 SponsorsInterested in sponsorship opportunities? Contact John Woodstock, Director, Member Engagement at email@example.com
The Distinguished Service Awards are dedicated to honoring successful veteran-owned businesses in the Greater Washington business community that have demonstrated strong business performance and who have made meaningful contributions to help Veterans succeed. The awards are presented to individuals, companies, and non-profit organizations in recognition of community stewardship and business leadership. The awards will be given out in the following categories: Veteran-Owned Business of the Year, Veteran Service Organization of the Year, and Veteran Employee of the Year.
Winners of the 2021 Distinguished Service Awards:
- Veteran Owned Business of the Year, Maturing: Aptive Resources
- Veteran Owned Business of the Year, Established: Intelligent Waves LLC
- Veteran Employee of the Year:
- Tim Bayliss, Government Tactical Solutions
- Charles Miles, PenFed Credit Union
- Veteran Service Organization of the Year: Our Military Kids
- Lifetime Achievement Award winner: Alan Salisbury, Major General (Ret), Co-Founder and Chairman Emeritus of the Code of Support Foundation
Veteran-Owned Business of the Year
2021 VETERAN-OWNED BUSINESS OF THE YEAR, FINALISTS
- Aptive Resources - Winner
- Building Momentum
- David T Scott & Associates, LLC (DTS)
- GCubed Enterprises, Inc.
- Government Tactical Solutions
- Intelligent Waves LLC - Winner
- IT Veterans, LLC
- ManTech International
- Precise Systems, Inc.
- Wendroff & Associates, CPA
Veteran Employee of the Year
Honoring a Veteran employee (not an equity holder in the business) who has made a meaningful impact to their company and/or the community in support and service of Veterans and/or Veteran families in the National Capital Region.
2021 VETERAN EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR FINALISTS
- Charles Miles, PenFed Credit Union - Winner
- David Huisenga, Klas Government
- Tim Bayliss, Government Tactical Solutions - Winner
Veteran Service Organization of the Year
Honoring a non-profit organization that has had an exemplary impact in service to Veterans, their families, and/or Veteran-Owned businesses in the National Capital Region.
2021 VETERAN SERVICE ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR FINALISTS
- AUSA, GWC
- Easterseals DC MD VA
- National Veteran Small Business Coalition
- Our Military Kids - Winner
Who will be named the 2021 Innovator of the Year?
Applications are open for 2021’s Mid-Atlantic Innovation Celebration! Submit your video application by March 15th to be eligible for the Region’s zaniest event showcasing great minds and business creativity. NOVA Chamber membership is not required to apply or win.
How will you know if your business is an Innovator? In our eyes, “innovators" can be almost anything, from cutting-edge products that solve business needs to creative shifts that improved your company’s employee morale… And anything in between! We’re looking for any and all innovations that have made a positive business impact. It’s up to you to show us what that looks like and why it should be celebrated.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When/where will the awards be presented?
A: The Distinguished Service Awards will be presented on at the Army Navy Country Club, November 9, 2021, from 8:00 to 9:30 am
Q: Can I get a free / discounted ticket to attend the event?
A: Members of the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce (and their employees) may register at the member rate, which is $60 per person.
Q: What are the registration fees for the event?
A: The member rate is $60 per person and the nonmember rate is $75 per person. Tables for 10 are also available for purchase at $600 for members or $750 for nonmembers.