Promote Yourself: Write a Member Blog Post
Would you like your name and wisdom to be shared with thousands of our members and regional professionals? If so, writing a Member Blog Post is your opportunity to shine! Doing Business is the Chamber's weekly newsletter featuring our latest member written blog post, government updates, member news, and upcoming events.
Our blog is open to all members and we ask that you keep in mind both the Editorial Calendar and Blog Guidelines listed on this page. Ideas must be submitted via the form below.
2020 Chamber Editorial Calendar
January: New Year Economic Outlook
February: Love Your Business
March: Business Systems
April: Green Business
May: Innovations In Business
June: Good Business (Giving Back)
July: Focus On Small Business
August: Women In Business
September: Veterans in Business
October: Cyber Security
November: Government Contractors
December: Non-Profits & Associations
NOVA Chamber Blog Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce's member blog! Your post will be featured on our website, through our three social media channels, and sent to 20,000 subscribers through our weekly Doing Business e-newsletter. While we can't guarantee the exact run date, if you your post is selected, you and your business will receive region-wide exposure very soon. Exciting!
We do have guidelines that we ask each author to follow:
- Please stick to the topic we sent out. The topic may be derived from member questions, feedback we've received, or our own monthly editorial themes. We've reached out to you as our member expert on this topic.
- Your post should be between 500-700 words. If you go a little over, that's fine. The first two paragraphs will be used in our newsletter with a link to the entire post housed on our blog.
- Your post will include an author's by-line that includes your name, title, and company name. We will mention you and, if provided, tag your company's @ handle in our social media posts.
- Your post's goal is to educate and share actionable suggestions that will be of benefit to our diverse membership. For this reason, we encourage you to write to a broader audience and, if it makes sense, break your post into steps, value-ads, recommendations, considerations, etc. that our members can then apply to their own businesses.
- Sorry, we don't allow promotions or sales-like language in our member blog posts. Any references to your company name in the post's text will be pulled. Don't worry, you will get plenty of exposure as you and your company will be mentioned in the post's by-line and via our social channels!
- We may edit your post to improve readability for our members. Due to deadline restrictions, you may not have an opportunity to review the final before it is published.