"Our strength is grounded in truly reflecting the diversity of our community and advocating for an inclusive business climate that creates equitable access for all to thrive."- Julie Coons President and CEO Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce
We Embrace Inclusivity
Our commitment to diversity and equality for all businesses and their employees has driven our inclusive approach to our board leadership and in our programming including speakers and organizational relationships.
We will use our voice to achieve meaningful and positive change in our region. It is a commitment that will remain top of mind—and action—as we continue to work toward an inclusive world.
A Chamber 95 Years in the Making
Founded in Northern Virginia, Our Home
Orginally founded in 1925, as a Fairfax county-focused business advocacy organization, the Northern Virginia Chamber has grown into region's largest Chamber of Commerce, drawing members and impacting policy across the Greater Washington D.C. Metropolitan Region.
Today, 700 members strong, representing close to 500,000 employees, the diversity of our community is one of our greatest assets, offering opportunities to learn from one another and form personal connections that help guide lasting business growth.
NOVA’s goal is to be considered not only a business partner but also an agent of change for our members. We do this through our work in government advocacy, education through events and programs, networking, promotion of member businesses, and recognition through awards.
We are proud to have worked together over these many years to build a meaningful association that enriches our community and look forward to continuing that good work.
Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Board of Advisors Roster
- Kathryn Falk (co-chair), Vice President, Cox Communications
- John A. Allen (co-chair), Region Bank President, Wells Fargo
- Kathy Albarado, President & CEO, Helios HR
- Karla Bruce, Chief Equity Officer, Office of the County Executive, Fairfax County Government
- Anthony Chang, Washington REIT, Vice President, Asset Management
- Jim Dyke, Senior Advisor, McGuire Woods Consulting
- Deb Gandy, Managing Director, Chevy Chase Trust
- Luanne Gutermuth, Founder and CEO, LSG Solutions LLC
- Victor Hoskins, President and CEO, Fairfax County EDA
- Jermaine Johnson, Regional President, Greater Washington and Virginia, PNC Bank
- Matt McQueen, Vice President and Chief Engagement & Communications Officer, Peraton
- CALIBRE, President & CEO, Richard Pineda
- Scott Price, Dominion, Regional Policy Director
- Monica Schmude, President, Cigna Mid-Atlantic, Cigna
- Tamika Tremaglio, Greater Washington Managing Principal, Deloitte
- Telly Tucker, Director, Arlington Economic Development
- Stephanie Turner, Vice President, Inclusion, Diversity & Social Innovation, The MITRE Corporation
- Tien Wong, CEO, Opus8