Veterans and Military Business Council
Open to all members, this Council focuses on Veterans and retired military in business.
Virginia is one of the states with the largest population, lowest poverty, and lowest unemployment rate for veterans and retired military. Northern Virginia (NOVA), being home to many veterans, is a thriving state for business amongst all "people in service". The Chamber's Veteran and Military Business Council (VMBC) aims to bridge veterans, veteran supporters, veteran-owned businesses, and veteran-friendly businesses within the Northern Virginia community, for the betterment of the region.
This Council focuses on thriving veteran-owned businesses, working together through a bond of service, commitment, and support of a common goal. Additionally, we strive to promote best practices for veteran employees to excel in their careers as well as aid in transitioning into the civilian workforce. We continuously offer new and existing programs for veterans, veteran businesses and their families within the Northern Virginia community. The council aims to provide invaluable resources to its members, connecting veterans to regional businesses, promoting continuous networking opportunities, for business and career growth within the chamber’s rich network.
We are honored to serve those who’ve served us!
What's Involved With Joining the VMBC Council?
- Immediate networking with Military, Veteran, and business professionals within the Chamber’s 500,000 members
- Quarterly Council Meetings with Chamber leadership and VMBC members
- 4 Council events per year on relevant VMBC and business-related issues or topics
- Attend networking receptions for veteran-owned businesses and veteran employees from various sectors and industries
- Join the Annual Distinguished Service Awards event, which showcases Veteran businesses and individual achievement
- Gain additional access to Chamber activities and other Council engagements
Ben Rodgers, Morgan Stanley
Charlie Miles, PenFed Credit Union