Veterans and Military Business Council
Open to all members, this Council focuses on Veterans and retired military in business.
Virginia is proud of its roughly 725,000 Veterans (Ranked 3rd in both total Veteran population and Veterans as a percentage of population). Virginia’s Veterans, as both entrepreneurs and employees, are a tremendous contributors to the Commonwealth’s economic vitality. Our Veteran poverty and unemployment rates are also incredibly favorable. The NOVA Chamber's Veteran and Military Business Council (VMBC) aims to bridge the Veteran workforce, Veteran-owned businesses, and Veteran-friendly businesses within the Northern Virginia community for the betterment of the region.
The VMBC serves as a resource for Veteran business owners by providing peer forums and panels on topics specifically affecting Veteran entrepreneurs. We also strive to promote best practices for Veteran employees to excel in their careers and contribute to economic growth. The council aims to provide unique, tailored opportunities to its members, connecting Veterans to businesses, promoting continuous networking opportunities, and for business and career growth within the Chamber’s rich network.
We are honored to continue to serve those who have served us!
What's Involved With Joining the VMBC Council?
- Immediate networking with Military, Veteran, and business professionals within the Chamber’s 500,000 members
- 4 Council events per year on relevant VMBC and business-related issues or topics
- Attend networking receptions for veteran-owned businesses and veteran employees from various sectors and industries
- Join the Annual Distinguished Service Awards event, which showcases Veteran businesses and individual achievement
- Gain additional access to Chamber activities and other Council engagements